Counselling and Psychotherapy
I am a UKCP registered Integrative Psychotherapist and have been running my own private practice since 2005.
Counselling and Psychotherapy can help when:
- You wish to improve your relationships with others
- You are depressed or you are a worrier
- You are struggling with addictions to drugs, alcohol or food
- You suffer with anxiety or obsessive behaviour
- You wish to heal childhood trauma
- You feel overwhelmed by feelings and this holds you back in life
- You struggle to find the motivation to achieve what you want in life
- You want to live your life more fully and exuberantly
what is the difference Counselling and Psychotherapy
Counselling and psychotherapy are similar in many ways. Counselling helps you to manage crises in life using skills you already have. Psychotherapy seeks to resolve more deeply rooted problems, ones that seem to have become embedded in our personality. Psychotherapy usually takes place over a longer period of time.
Inherently they are both creative processes where the quality of the relationship between therapist and client is at the heart of their success. I aim to provide a safe, confidential and non-judgemental environment in which you can feel able to explore whatever may be troubling you.